Tempus Project: Network for Post Graduate Masters in Cultural Heritage and Tourism Management in Balkan Countries (CHTMBAL)
Since 2011, the ICAC has participated in the European Tempus programme funded by the European Union (EU) with the objective of improving the educational systems and infrastructure of non-EU-member countries and compensating for their deficiencies.
Thanks to the positive resolution these subsidies, the Catalan Institute of Classical Archaeology was one of the executor members of the “Network for Post Graduate Masters in Cultural Heritage and Tourism Management in Balkan Countries” project (CHTMBAL) (TEMPUS PROGRAMME 517471-TEMPUS-1-2011-1-IT-TEMPUS-JPCR).
The project was for three years and was extended to include the 2014-2015 academic year. It was led by the Università G. de Annunzio Chieti-Pescara in conjunction with ten other universities and research centres, including the ICAC.
The main objective of the project was to establish a network of postgraduate cultural heritage and tourism management programmes in the Balkan countries to train specialists and managers who can help turn the cultural heritage of those countries into a focus for tourism that will have a positive impact on their economy and transformation.
The participating European centres were:
- “Alexander Moisiu” University of Durres – Albània (UAMD)
- Catalan Institute of Classical Archaeology – Tarragona – Spain (ICAC)
- Instituti i Monumenteve te Kultures “Gani Strazimiri”- Tirana – Albània (IMK)
- Antiquity of Southeastern Europe Research Centre University of Warsaw – Polònia (OBA)
- Economic Faculty Shkodër University “Luigj Gurakuqi” Shkodër – Albània (U-SH)
- SVIMAP Network Napoli- Italia (SVIMAP)
- World University Service Kosova Committee – Pristina – Kosovo (WUS)
- University of Prizren- Prizren- Kosovo (UPPZ)
- Università Telematica “Leonardo da Vinci” Torrevecchia Teatina – Itàlia (UNIdaV)
- Alma Mater Studiorum Università di Bologna – Itàlia (UNIBO)
This programme will be piloted at the University of Shköder in Albania and later, once the network has been consolidated, it will also be applied at the Alexander Moisiu University of Durres (Albania), the World University Service Kosova Committee (Pristina, Kosovo) and the University of Prizren (Kosovo).
Project website: http://www.chtmbal.eu/